Happy New Year! We are so excited 2020 is here! This year is super special because it’s also the start of a new decade! With the new year upon us it’s time to tackle and slay those New Year’s resolutions! We know it can be hard to stick to your goals but here are 5 easy to follow New Year’s resolutions!
Drink More Water
Drinking water is so important for our overall health! But it is so easy to forget or to reach for a sugary drink instead. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you stay hydrated in 2020:
- Drink water first thing: This will enhance your metabolism, hydrate you, and flush out toxins!
- There is an app for that: Let’s face it we are all glued to our smartphones and this is a great way to remember to get your water intake.
- Invest in a marked water bottle: A marked water bottle helps you keep track of your daily water intake. It is very motivating and makes the process easier and fun!
Get More Sleep
Let’s be honest, you’re probably not getting enough sleep… don’t worry we aren’t either. It’s so important to get the right amount of beauty sleep each night. Here are some tips to help you feel more rested in the new year:
- Leave your phone outside of your bedroom: Trust us, we know how tempting it is to scroll your feed on Instagram one last time. But unfortunately 10 minutes can turn into two hours quickly! Leave the smartphone alone, you will be thanking us later!
- Reduce your blue light exposure in the evening: Blue light, whether it’s from your smartphone or a laptop, is very effective at hindering your melatonin production, which affects both the quantity and quality of your sleep.
- Don’t drink caffeine late at night: Caffeine stimulates the nervous system. But, when consumed during the later hours of the day caffeine does not allow the body to naturally relax which makes sleeping very difficult. Keep the Starbucks trips to mornings and early afternoons.
Have a Weekly “You” Day
Self-care is necessary! Sometimes we all need a mental health day and that’s okay.! Here are some tricks to help you really treat yourself in 2020:
- Unplug: Sometimes you just need to disconnect. Taking a break from social media can ease your anxiety and boost your overall mood and happiness! Try it for a full weekend. Don’t worry you can get caught back up on Monday.
- Say “No.”: Sometimes you just need to switch your attention to yourself. Stress is caused by having too much to do and too little time to do it. Reducing your workload or switching up your to do list will help you manage your time more effectively, creating less stress!
- Meditate for 5 minutes: Meditation can be very soothing! Closing your eyes and taking a few deep breaths will release tension that your body is holding onto. Meditating each week will improve your inner peace.
Find a Work or School Goal and Stick to it
Setting new goals is a part of a new year! It’s important to keep growing and evolving with our dreams and aspirations. Here are some tips and tricks to keep you on track to reach your next goal:
- Be enthusiastic: Your long-term goals should connect with core values. You are more likely to stick to a goal if it’s something that you truly believe in or so excited about!
- Don’t be afraid to fail: With new goals, comes new challenges. The road to success is never easy and there will be some bumps in the road. However, it’s important to remain determined and driven through the process.
- Map out a plan: Break your long-term goals into short term tasks. When you look at the full picture, sometimes you can get really overwhelmed and want to give up. It’s better to set mini goals in order to accomplish that big major goal.
Try a New Fitness Activity
It only takes 21 days to break an old habit and 66 days to form a new habit. This process may be a little challenging in the beginning however if you try a new fitness activity you are going to be healthier and happier!
- Gym membership: Staying healthy and living a fit, active lifestyle does not always require a gym membership. Social media network sites like Instagram and YouTube have changed the way we work out. You can have your own personal trainer in the comfort of your home. Find a workout routine that is best for you.
- Namaste: Try yoga to build flexibility, strength and learn how to relax. Yoga is a fun way to work out while also de-stressing.
- Spinning, boxing and dancing: If you’re overstressed, like a challenge or killing it on the dance floor, you definitely need to give SoulCycle, Barry’s Bootcamp, or Zumba a try! We love all 3 different workout classes because they are high energy, exciting and super fun!
We hope these 5 Easy to Follow New Year’s resolutions make your 2020 super successful and extra fabulous!